5 Days without playing World of Warcraft, I guess this is again the beginning of an end. This is how it usually starts anyway.
And I’m noticing the same with several of my friends, logging less and less game time.
For me, it’s a mix of different things:
- Doing LFR over and over and not getting anything decent but a stupid 28g bag of fail
- Doing dailies and dailies to unlock reputation rewards becoming more and more annoying. I’m not even grinding it, trying to mix it all up here and there, but it’s not helping. It is just so damn boring. I work 8 hrs a day in a demanding job, when I get home I want to farm reputation in a way I deem fun and entertaining. Having to zerg a zone and spamkill mobs for dailies is NOT what I mean.
- PVP being a complete clusterfuck
- The total and utter retarded posts from Blizzard CM’s on the forums. Everything they say is marketing and PR sugarcoated with bullshit.
- The leveling of alts has hit a monumental wall of ‘Oh god how I loath this shit’
- The community and fellow players in the game are at their lowest. When you start wishing bad things to your fellow players on a daily base, something is very very wrong from a design point of view. And seeing Blizzard not give a single fuck … well …
- For some bizarre reason (read: personal) every class I play feels like shit. I can’t stand Priest healing anymore, being a Rogue ninja feels like a joke, doing the Hunter stuff makes me fall asleep and trying to level my Paladin makes me want to kill random strangers.
Maybe I should take this as a sign to stop playing WOW. Maybe, just maybe, this invisible line has been crossed for me, as a gamer. Is it my age? Is it my current real life situation? Am I no longer the market segment Blizzard is aiming for? Who the fuck knows?
All I know is … there is a serious lack of fun in WOW these days. How should I get it back? Can I get it back?